Monday, December 17, 2012

Sketching Trip to Singapore Zoo


Swimming animals are hard to draw, yet drawing animal anatomy is fun because it challenges my conventional sense of form. Drawing animals really makes you use your eyes to draw because we are so used to drawing human figures that most of the time we assume what the anatomy or form will be like, but since animal anatomy is so unfamiliar it poses a greater challenge to a live drawing artist! 


Sleeping animals make me happy since they don't move and its easy to draw them!


Just as I was getting warmed up there was a thunderstorm and I had to rush to the shade, this is all I could see or draw from there. 


A sketch of the river in the Zoo, if you get the chance do go to the Singapore Zoo its an amazingly well made and well planned zoo! It makes me wonder what equatorial Singapore would really be had it not been this heavily urbanized.





1 comment:

  1. This is incredibly kind, And yes I will pledge my blog, I hope you guys find it useful! :)

    ReplyDelete