Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Arguments of Insidious Intent

Sitting at Starbucks I saw 3 men, deep in conversation, arguing silently while keeping the sanctity of their group. It reminded me of these lines from The Love Song Of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S. Eliot.

"Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question...
Oh, do not ask, "What is it?"
Let us go and make our visit."

It was weird, I didn't see reason in drawing them, maybe it was the new parallel pen rearing to go, maybe it was the need to make a live drawing, whatever it was it was a good digression from my rather boring and emotionally driven typography assignment which was self-inflicted torture in retrospect. Lately I have been finding solace in sketching people, other people. There is no reason, it is just a place I run to when I am overwhelmed by my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment