Monday, February 27, 2012

Appeasement



This was painted more than a year ago - at the singapore zoo..!

It depicts the zebra's appeasment gesture also the gesture with which they greet each other showing to the other that they are not a threat and wish to exist in harmony. Horses and zebras are such brilliant creatures I wish I could see just one mustang - a wild horse. I wish that humans had such an appeasement gesture where I could just rub you on the back of your neck and prove beyond everything that I do not mean to harm/ hurt you. Where social dynamics, the past or the awkwardness would not matter. Its time for me to stop fighting, fighting to be in someone's life, fighting to say that I am not a threat - I wish I could end it all with just an appeasement gesture. I am laying down the arms and retreating my forces from the barracks, does it matter? No, because I am human.

2 comments:

  1. Humans do practice handshaking and hugging sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, but the hugs can be so formal, fake, awkward even. And the handshakes just a formality.. the interaction is not as pure and absolute as in animals..

    ReplyDelete