Saturday, August 18, 2012

Other Sketches from Europe


We were stranded at the tram station in central Zurich because of the rain. I really hate touring companies, they get you to places on the day everything is closed. Anyhoo we were spared the disappointment of closed shops and museums because it rained and I could sit and draw the people who were passing by the tram station while we were sitting there waiting for the weather to show us some mercy. It was great to just sit and see the world pass by!


This is a 5 minute sketch of Napoleon's Tomb in Paris. Again the touring company stopped their bus for a 5 minute break for people to go take a leak. I wish to go back to Paris on my own terms and spend days and nights at the Louvre!

2 comments:

  1. I love your work. Very inspiring.. You are however, a little intimidating. Your success. Your writing and your art.. I don't know if I have it in me to be able to reach your standard. Your position in life.

    However, those are problems of confidence and dedication.

    Your art is humble and very engaging. Keep it up :)

    Thank you for being an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for your confidence in my work. I am actually at a loss of words to reply to your comment, because you are too generous in your appraisal of my works. I hope you find the drive that you are looking for within yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete